Esbjerg Ensemble seeks to appoint a full time Solo Cello by 1st January 2019
Audition will take place in Esbjerg on Sunday 16th September 2018
Esbjerg Ensemble one of Denmark’s most distinguished chamber ensemble, was established in 1967 on the initiative of the Danish Ministry of Culture and now comprises 10 musicians: a wind quintet, a string quartet and percussion. The ensemble features an exciting, wide-ranging repertoire of both traditional and contemporary chamber music.
We are looking for a colleague, who:
- is ambitious on behalf of Esbjerg Ensemble’s visions
- has a strong collaborative, communicative and social competence
- has a genuine passion to perform a broad repertoire
1) Joseph Haydn: Cello Concerto No. 2 in D Major. 1st movement Allegro moderato without cadenza
2) Maurice Ravel: Sonata for Violin and Cello. 3rd movement Lent
1) L.v. Beethoven: String Quartet No. 15 in A minor, Op. 132. 1st movement Assai sostenuto – Allegro
2) W.A. Mozart: Divertimento for String Trio in E flat Major. K.563, 1st movement Allegro. Bars 1-111
3) Rosing-Olsen: Recontres for cello and percussion: Tempo Giusto untill 5th system p13
1) L.v. Beethoven: Septet in E flat Major, Op. 20 4th movement. Tema con variazioni Andante
2) Eugéne Ysaÿe: Le Chimay for String Trio. Bars 1-47
3) Johannes Brahms: Clarinet Quinet 4th movement con moto bars 1-65
4) A short Interview
1st round – a pianist will be provided. 1st, 2nd and 3rd round are performed with Esbjerg Ensemble’s musicians. The chamber music parts for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds can be mailed upon request. A short-list of candidates is made subsequently the deadline, and those selected will be invited to the audition in Esbjerg, Denmark on Sunday 16th September 2018
The first six months of engagement is regarded as a trial period.
Travel expenses and accommodation are to be covered by the applicant.
Yearly salary DKK 325.000 + full pension. Working conditions according to agreement between the Danish Musicians Union and Association of Danish Regional Orchestras. It is mandatory for non EU-citizens that residence and work permits are obtained by the time of employment in Denmark.
Permanent members of Esbjerg Ensemble are expected to reside in Denmark and to acquire basic Danish language skills within 2 years.
Please send your application with a motiviation together with a detailed CV (Lebenslauf) by Sunday 2nd September 2018
Esbjerg Ensemble – Norgesgade 19 – DK – 6700 Esbjerg or to firstname.lastname@example.org